What do you think a great Slack app for Compass looks like?

Liz Riezinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2022

Hey everyone! We want to hear your thoughts on what you'd like to see from a Slack app for Compass. Which Compass events would be helpful to be notified about in Slack? What Compass actions would you like to take directly from Slack?

We'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Let us know what you think! 

3 comments

Pete Capra November 8, 2022

Hey @Liz Riezinger , so glad you're looking into this! Something that would be really cool is to be able to query Compass for data from Slack. The specific example I had the other day was the ability to check which version of an app was deployed in production. Something like:

/compass <component_name> production deployment

that might return the latest details

This could be extended into querying any other type of metric/activity data too. 

Cheers, 

Pete

Like # people like this
James Wilson November 9, 2022

Hi @Liz Riezinger , I mainly want to use Compass to track code quality metrics for a repo - typescript adoption, test coverage etc - I'd love to auto have:

'Unit Test Coverage went UP by 1.2% to 37%' auto posted to a channel.

Like # people like this
Richard Simpson February 1, 2023

I'm a bit late to this, but I'd love to send configurable x-ly reports that reports the status of Scorecards for each team.

As mentioned above, change over time would be neat. Or notifications when a scorecard health suddenly drops for a component.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events