The Components list has a fresh new look!

Components.png

Behold! Our new Components list screen is now live, as foretold in the August edition of the Compass Communiqué.

We've combined our Advanced Search experience, including sorting and filtering, and added in useful information about the different kind of Components you can store in the Compass catalog. (Be not afraid, if you have memorized the content, you can always hide the banner by clicking "Hide component types" in the top right corner.) You will see this screen any time you click "Components" in the top nav bar. 

This redesign is an early step on our path to helping Compass be more personalized, so you can cut through the catalog chaos to find value. Do you want to see every component with a given label? All Tier 1 services? Now you can, and more filters are on the horizon. (Custom Fields and Scorecard filtering, coming soon!) We hope this helps you find what you're looking for more easily, and figure out what kind of groups are useful for you.

Go forth and enjoy, and please tell us what you think of the change. Feel free to leave a comment here or book some time in my calendar for a more in depth conversation. Hope to hear from you soon!

3 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Compass is the cutest Atlassian product and new additions like these will just enhance it's beauty and usability. Thank you @Katie Silver 

Like # people like this
Robin September 20, 2022

Hi there,

I have some mixed feelings about this change, but that may also be because Compass does not have a landing page yet. 

As this is currently the default landing page, I hope to immediately have a glance into current statuses. This change brings about a massive block of content, with a lot of whitespace and no functionality, above the search bar. 

Would be great to see if the space can be used more efficiently, a bit more toward the previous design, or add functionality to the big blocks now displayed. For example, clicking on the big block of "Services" with its explanation, I would hope to have a filter for that type applied. 

I also feel that most of the information now displayed on this general overview of components page should instead be displayed either on a page dedicated to explaining it (a help page of some kind), or have it on the page types themselves (something like: compass/components/services ? ). At minimum I hope a little "x" gets added to remove the explanations of types (permanently). 

Visually, it's appealing. But as mentioned, it's primary functions are now hidden 'below the fold' (I need to scroll for an overview). 

Even with all my critique, thanks for your work on this. Excited about the possibilities of this product and where it's going. 

Greetz,
Robin

Like # people like this
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2022

@Robin , thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. 

So first things first, you can permanently hide the content by clicking the "Hide component types" link in the top right corner. It won't re-load unless you click "Show component types" in the future. 

Secondly, thanks for the suggestion about making the component types info panel interactive. I think that's a really cool idea. We'll take it into consideration! 

And finally, I completely hear you about wanting to see current, up to date information on the Compass landing page. That's actually what my team is working on next: a brand new Home Page that gives you a "status report" about the components you care about. (The "Components" page will no longer be the landing page once this new page is released.) We expect it to ship sometime in November, given our current velocity, although we'll keep y'all posted here in the Community with updates. 

I'd love the opportunity to share it with you ahead of time, if you're interested! If you're up for a chat, you can book some time on my calendar and I can walk you through it. It's early enough in development that we can take your feedback on board. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events