Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observability, APM, and Logging integrations and Compass

Hey everyone, Josh here from the Compass product team. One of the many things we’ve been working on is creating integrations with tools across different categories like source code management, CI/CD, and incident management. We want to turn our attention to tools that focus on observability, application performance monitoring, and logging soon. We’re looking for feedback from YOU on:
  • What observability tools would you like to see Compass integrate with?
  • What do you want to see from these tools within Compass?
    • Do you want to see SLIs/SLOs from your tools in Compass as metrics or scorecard criteria?
    • Is it helpful to see Alerts or Errors from your tool of choice show up in the Compass Activity Feed?
    • Do you expect to be able to import objects from these tools as Compass components?

If anyone is willing to chat over Zoom to provide feedback about this, or any other general feedback using Compass, please hit the in-product "Give feedback" button (next to the search box in Compass) and reference this post so I can reach out and setup time with you. Happy Compassing!

3 comments

Joshua Kelly August 21, 2022

Only a new compass user here - but let me try to answer:

• Do you want to see SLIs/SLOs from your tools in Compass as metrics or scorecard criteria?

Having an option to do this would be great. It would also be great to be able to create custom scorecard criteria from a generic REST call or New Relic NRQL query.

• Is it helpful to see Alerts or Errors from your tool of choice show up in the Compass Activity Feed?

Of mixed mind about this one - having low level error information would be great as an option, but it should be toggleable so as not to unnecessarily clog up the activity feed. I don't see compass as an observability or incident management tool.

• Do you expect to be able to import objects from these tools as Compass components?

Yes this would make it much easier to bring components into Compass. We automatically instrument our applications using New Relic. At the moment I see that we can sync New Relic APM applications with Compass which is great, even if it is a manual sync for now.

Thanks,

Josh

Like # people like this
Laura August 21, 2022

I'd like to add one thing to Joshua's answer: The same but for DataDog

Like # people like this
Carl Shaulis October 13, 2022

Hi Josh,

What I would like to see are the DORA 4 measurements?

• Frequency of Deployment (DONE)
  • Lead time for change
  • Change Failure Rate
  • Time to Restore Service

We manage our production defects and Incidents within Jira.

Thanks,

Carl

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events