Keyboard shortcuts are in Compass!

“I was dating a keyboard but we had to break up. It just wasn't my type.”

Thankfully, you won’t want to break up with your keyboard when you use Compass, because we’ve added a bunch of keyboard shortcuts that make it easier for you to navigate, populate, and enrich your component catalog.

To show keyboard shortcuts, press the ? key, or select the help icon in the main navigation, then select Keyboard shortcuts. (If keyboard shortcuts just aren’t your thing, you can also turn them off from the same place.)

Initially, we’ve added shortcuts for quick-searching, navigating between pages, adding components, and taking key actions on components.

As Compass grows, we’ll take a considered approach to adding more shortcuts, but we’d love to hear from you about any you’d like to see, or any feedback you have, by selecting Give feedback in the main navigation.

Happy hot-keying!

4 comments

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

That's great news, navigating a growing Compass component catalog had become tedious already, and the recent quick search improvements has made it easily manageable again, and now even quicker at the press of a key :)

One issue though: this seems to lack i18n, insofar I'm unable to use e.g. '?' or '/' with a German keyboard layout (no matter whether I press the resp. US or DE keys), whereas the US keyboard layout works fine (as do keys that are identical on both, like 'h' or 'g c').

Matt Boulton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Hey @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_, thanks for your kind feedback – and for pointing out your issue to us!

We're looking into this now, and will follow up here with our findings and next steps.

Cheers!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Matt Boulton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2022

@Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ this issue should be fixed now. Give keyboard shortcuts a try on your German-layout keyboard, and let us know how you go.

Keep well, and thanks again!

Like # people like this
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Yeah, every Compass resource at my fingertips, literally :) - thanks for the quick fix @Matt Boulton!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events