Your Kudos journey...

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

giphy

I'd love to know what everyone's enjoying from the Beta - is it the satisfaction of recognising others with Kudos? Or maybe your competitive side is lapping it up? Or maybe you just enjoy the challenge of helping others in the Community?

Let's talk Kudos 😃

4 comments

Comment

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

For me it is gratifying to be able to thank others for their good work

Cheers

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Love it, thanks @Vero Rivas ðŸ˜ƒ

A little Kudos is coming your way!

Like • Vero Rivas likes this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 25, 2021

I'm REALLY enjoying it. Challenges come up that I have no idea what they mean. This sets me on a path of searching for answers, and so far have found a large number of useful gems.

I'm also still a bit confused about what the expected behaviours are, so not always sure if what I'm seeing is correct or not.

Overall, a fabulous idea and it gets my 10/10 big thumbs up approval!

Like • # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Awesome, thanks @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ ðŸ™Œ

A little Kudos is coming your way!

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

The biggest benefit for me was becoming more engaged in groups in general. I learned how to set alerts that I had not known existed. It has helped me learn about Advanced Roadmaps a bit more.

I'm not a big fan of kudos-like programs (we used to give "tacos" on slack at our company). It seems like the kudos program is almost like the Atlassian Summit conference app where you did things at the conference to earn points. That's fun for a short time, but not something I have time to do every day.

But, I do like the challenges as a way to learn and explore. I would love to see the challenges section continue to grow as a way to learn, with topics changing perhaps monthly. And, a little swag for completing a certain number of challenges (or accumulating kudos points) might add a bit of inspiration.

Like • # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 27, 2021

I agree with the sentiment on kudos-style programs - the risk is they get tired and people lose interest, so you have to up the ante. Are kudos doing just that, a mega-badges program? The real challenge will be to keep this fresh and not get so cumbersome that people just walk away.

But I have to say, for me personally, collecting stuff like badges is my thing.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

@David Wuth It's good to hear that it's helped you learn more about Advanced Roadmaps. As an Atlassian employee I've really been enjoying getting more into the Community and am encouraging more of my team to do the same. The benefit of the Kudos program is that is something that I can tangibly point to as a measure of my contribution and impact!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2021

I love the surprises they bring with them. Sometimes it is easy to solve a challenge and sometimes it is some sort of a riddle what could be specifically meant to reach a goal :)

I am super excited to see how the program as a whole develops and it seems to be on a good journey.

Specifically giving kudos is something I consider to be done when an awesome answer was given. More recently I feel it can also be used "just for fun".
While the kudos journey in total can be a great chance to get the Community know better the fun should not fall short. With the lovely graphics and the funny things around it, from my point of view it does a pretty good job.

Very interested in what the future will hold for the kudos program!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events