Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why if I enter "grossi" on the "Kudos to" search box an empty box appear ... Bug ?

Edited

Why if I enter "grossi" on the "Kudos to" search box an empty box appear and if most any other value is entered "No Results" message is displayed....

Is this a bug, correct ?

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 03.59.53.png

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Nov 29, 2021

@Nicolas Grossi you cannot see your own name, only others! I just tested myself and typing Gladstone in my search box only returns other Gladstone's. However, I also tested with Grossi and was able to find you and give you Kudos! Thanks for contributing to the community with your questions! 

Capture2.JPG

You won't find your name because you can't spend kudos to yourself!

grafik.png

@Alexander Pappert I'm not asking that but thanks for your reply :)

A blank "dropdown" as a feedback to a user action is not clear.... Is that blank caused by an Error or is that blank caused by not properly handling that application state. 

@Andy Thanks for your Kudos to me and for your explanation. I personally think that this behavior is not consistent and can be improved.

Agreed. Navigation and location of Kudos will certainly be something that they improve upon as it moves through the beta phase.

If I have resolved your issue I would appreciate you upvoting my answer and marking the answer as accepted. 

Question Accepted but the Bug is still there :)

Like Marjorie likes this
0 votes
Monique vdB Community Manager Dec 02, 2021

Hi @Nicolas Grossi yes this can definitely be improved! The search interface does not recognize spaces or special characters.  We have a few things in the works to address it in the future as we know this needs to be resolved before we roll out kudos to everyone.

In the meantime, we added a place on the user profile where you can go give kudos, so that is a workaround that may be helpful for you:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.19.02 AM.png

Monique vdB Community Manager Dec 02, 2021

Oh I forgot to add: the easiest thing to do is indeed to search by last name only.  Just not your own ;) 

@Nicolas Grossi sometimes I cannot find people.  I think the search feature is a bit buggy and needs some work.  I will type in the exact spelling of a name and I receive "No results."  Frequently, I have to try different combinations to find the person I want.  Good luck, for the most part, it is pretty decent feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you