Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why I cannot see the names of the viewers of MY posted questions ?

Why I cannot see the names of the viewers of MY posted questions ?

Is this an issue or it is not going to be implemented here ?

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Nov 29, 2021

I don't believe we can see the actual viewers of questions or posts in the community, just the number of visitors that viewed or liked the post/comment/question. I would imagine there would be some major privacy issues that the forums would have to get around to show that level of detail.

Hope this helps @Nicolas Grossi.

It helps but this community is authenticated using sever authentication providers as most of all Atlassian products where you can see votes, participants comments, likes to a page... and so many other operations where the "authenticated" user appears.

If that "authenticated user" does not "behave properly" Atlassian has the ability to ban him/her/generic user.

Also bear in mind that i'm only requesting to see my posts viewers names not others. Others I might see the qty but on MY posts  why i cannot see names ?

That would be a direct breach of privacy laws in a lot of countries.

Plus you can't do it in most cases - people can read most of the questions without authentication, so you wouldn't know who they are anyway.

Like Kristin Lyons likes this

An additional comment is if we can see name of Kudos (given to you/and the one you give) why not names on views (with less importance/priority).

Monique vdB Community Manager Nov 30, 2021

This metric is based purely on pageviews, whether logged in our logged out. If we tried to capture the data on who viewed content, it would likely dramatically impact our site speed (which as you may know, is not the fastest website on the internet to start with...)  (although we're constantly trying to improve it!) 

My suggestion is to keep an eye on who took the time to Like your post. You can actually see that, and it's a more meaningful action. 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you