Update #9 on community kudos pilot

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 31, 2021

Hello friends! It has been quiet in kudosland, but we are working hard behind the scenes to launch the next phase of kudos. We've been in alpha mode, and we're officially moving into beta in April. 🎉

As experienced tech experts, of course, our first step will be to turn it off and back on again.  We'll be turning each challenge back on one by one, and double checking to make sure each one works as expected, which means no metadata errors or bugs.  Thank you in advance for your help in making sure it all works! 

This will include a new peer kudos system and other new badges and challenges. We may retire some of our older challenges as well. All of this is in response to your feedback and requests, so I'm excited to see what y'all think!

Once we're done rolling out the new features, we'll be adding thousands of new users and officially launching the beta.  We'll start over with a new update series and will definitely let you know when the official launch happens. 

⚠️ Important note and reminder: This beta launch will not include any changes to your existing kudos points, but we may recalibrate our levels.  In the future, we will be recalibrating the points system as well. We will make sure to commemorate your achievements in the beta so nobody will be starting over at 0, but this means your point totals may (almost definitely will) change in the future.  ⚠️

Missed an older update? An overview of the pilot is hereUpdate #1 is hereUpdate #2 is hereUpdate #3 is hereUpdate #4 is hereUpdate #5 is hereUpdate #6 is here. Update #7 is here. Update #8 is here

6 comments

Comment

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

On one hand I appreciate not starting at 0 again,  but on the other hand people who were not part of this test who ARE starting at 0 might think we have an unfair advantage.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2021

But it is also unfair, when you are community member for years and got the "old" badges and likes and posts - if you compare it to a new registered user who also starts with 0.

I am happy to keep the points, since we all spent time in the pilot.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Huh, re: some of these challenges:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 5.10.43 PM.png

Oh right. Because in Australia it's already the weekend. (I'm in California, where it's still 5:13PM Friday)

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 5.10.16 PM.png

Well I would love to find a nearby event, but...

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.30.20 PM.png

This keeps spinning. I mean, I get it... COVID, but I actually attended an NYC ACE virtual event a few months ago. Are groups still doing those?

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2021

@Darryl Lee 

ACE is working for me, got the badge

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Weird. I even tried making my Location the same as yours (Germany) and I still get the spinning wheel of death. :-{

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

I finally got it. Had to enable location tracking in my browser (thanks Apple), and had to actually join the ACE nearest me. Duh.

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2021
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2021

is first post restricted to some special group?

it is not working for a discussion in the welcome group?

grafik.png

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2021

I see some reactivated ones in the "next challenges" list.

will there be some future option, to see all challenges?

I see 6 ones in the next challenges list

I would like to know if there are more that i could do now (maybe the list contains 8 and I see only 6)

Also, I would love to see a complete list with all challenges (open & completed)

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2021

since I commented on this discussion 5 minutes ago, I should get this one, right?

grafik.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events