Update #3 on known issues and feedback

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 11, 2020

An overview of the pilot is hereUpdate #1 is here. Update #2 is here

I've updated the list of active challenges with the latest and greatest! Here are some of the changes since our last update:

• Some badge descriptions have been changed for clarity
  • The onboarding modal should now be fixed (it will not keep popping up every time you log in)

Known issues:

• The group badges are now working, but there is a configuration error in the "post X times in groups" badges. We will update this by the end of the week. 
  • Some badges are delayed in when they will show up in your trophy case
  • Some repeated missions are "hidden" from user view (you get the points but don't see why you got them)
  • Actions do not always trigger appropriately
  • The fonts are still inconsistent

Coming soon:

• We're working to resolve the known issues, but also planning for some new and updated challenges. Have an idea for a challenge you'd like to see? Drop it in the comments! 
  • The first of two feedback surveys is in progress. I'll let you know when it's available; we can't wait to hear your feedback!

Comments are as always open for business!

2 comments

Comment

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB,

A big thank you for the heads up once more! I have been wondering if there's anything we can do to help test / diagnose certain issues with badges that aren't working.

In the slack channel some folks did mention their main goal in the community is to help people by answering questions and solving problems. While I am totally on the same line, the kudos system with its challenges also offers a great framework to point towards the many additional perks the community has to offer: the articles, the discussions, the fun bits and the sense of belonging. Even after several years in the community, some of the challenges triggered me to take a look into areas of the platform I wasn't aware of :-)

In order to get from pilot to launch, I think it's imperative that the things being offered actually work. So if there's anything we can do to speed up the process, happy to contribute!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 16, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout thanks! We're doing testing on our end too. The problems seem to be intermittent, which makes testing them difficult. Two people have earned Monday Musings so far today but some haven't, despite also commenting on five discussions! So everything is set up properly, just not firing correctly. And this is not sustainable long term, since we need challenges that actually work as expected :) 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

I can't seem to watch this group.  Any time I click on the Watch but, nothing happens.  Is this something on my end?  I've tried both Firefox and Safari.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 18, 2020

@Kristin Lyons we just released a fix for this bug! Can you clear your cache and try again?

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

That worked, thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events