Update #1 on known issues and feedback

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 26, 2020

Some users have mentioned they are getting too many unwanted emails from this group. Firstly, I apologize that we could not make this opt-in. A very limited number of community members have been allowed in the pilot, so this group is closed and cannot be accessed unless you have been granted access to the pilot. 

But that doesn't mean you live here now. You can go to the main group page and select "Group options" to leave the group or click "Unwatch" to unsubscribe. If you want to be opted out of the pilot completely, that's okay too; just let us know in the comments and we will help as soon as we can. But the do-it-yourself solution below is the fastest. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.56.05 PM.png

Now on to the feedback and known issues:

Some typos were fixed; please continue to report them when you spot them! 

Some users were unable to scroll up and down to see the full Kudos window because the announcement bar was in the way. This is working now.

The "Do it" button was supposed to send you to where you can complete each challenge: This was broken and has been temporarily removed while we work to fix

Not working: Some challenges do not seem to be triggering, even when users complete them, specifically Find Your Community and As You Like It,

Working: Some challenges had issues reported earlier in the day but seem to be working now, specifically: This Helped Me, Picture It, I Like It (and a late addition, Pilot Participant)

Working but needs update:  

• ACE Seeker needs an updated description to give more clarity on what the needed action is, although it’s working.
  • Tasks are duplicated on Trending Teams challenge

User search when giving kudos: Some users are showing up more than once and some are showing up only by last name. We are looking into these issues with user search!

Giving kudos experience needs improvement (big piece of feedback!) So far we have the following suggestions:

• Show your kudos balance (how many you have to give away)
  • Show an error when you run out, or tell you when your balance will refill
  • Show when you get kudos
  • Give you an opportunity to include why you're handing out your kudos
  • Show how many kudos you’ve awarded
  • Terminology is a bit confusing, “peer kudos” was one suggested improvement, and I'll use that here to keep it separate from your overall points

"Peer kudos" balance:

Your "peer kudos" balance (e.g. the ability to send recognition to other users) will refresh every Friday. Members get 100 peer kudos to distribute every week, Community Leaders get 1000 peer kudos to distribute.

We are continuing to collect feedback and ideas, so keep them coming! Thank you for participating. And if you found a bug today, remind me to give you some peer kudos. ;) 

3 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 26, 2020

Leaderboard:

• A search box at the top would be good to find users (including yourself) on the leaderboard
Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

yes i had the same thought. good stuff!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB ,

I have some additional questions about the challenges potentially not working (not sure how the mechanisms are triggered):

• the accepted solutions challenges like Jira Team Player or Jira Teacher don't seem to trigger.
  • join 3 groups also doen't seem to work in my case.
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 29, 2020

@Jacob Young can you look at these? 

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout 

Apologies for the troubles you've had. Seems we had some errors on the config side. Awarded you for those three challenges!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2020

Hi @Jacob Young, no worries :-) - my input is fundamentally meant as feedback about the pilot and to help fix flaws.

Yet - if you mention you awarded me for those 3 challenges, I still see 2 of them in the next challenges list on the left instead of in the trophy case.

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

"Peer kudos" balance:

Your "peer kudos" balance (e.g. the ability to send recognition to other users) will refresh every Friday. Members get 100 peer kudos to distribute every week

@Monique vdB 

(when) do i need to spent them to other users? - when they answer my questions in forum

What can i do with all my kudos points?
Are they just for the rank or can I "buy" something with them?
     like a title next to my name or something else:     grafik.png

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hey @Alexander Pappert

The 100 peer kudos can only be shared with other members in the pilot, they will not boost your rank.At least within the pilot for this program, there are no ostensible rewards besides fun and competition for the program. Nonetheless, in the long term we are looking into potential rewards programs where kudos will serve as a currency.

Jacob

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events