Testing community quizzes

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 25, 2021

Disclaimer: The quiz functionality out of the box is kind of clunky.  But we're testing it out anyway! We have two quizzes for you to try; if you pass them, you earn kudos and a badge. And confetti. 

You can find the quizzes in the right sidebar of the Welcome Center.  The Trivia quiz is easy' the FAQ quiz is more difficult. Resources to help you pass the quizzes are in Atlassian Required Reading

Let us know what you think of this feature and what could make it more useful. Already on our list:

• Let you know what the right answer was after you choose the wrong answer, and why
  • Change the copy on the buttons to make more sense (for instance right now you have to click "Back" to go to the "Next" quiz)
  • Let you see the quizzes once they are complete to remind yourself of the answers

Thanks in advance for checking it out! 

(And extra kudos to anyone who found these quizzes last week; they've been available for a while.) 

11 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2021

Looks like you can select multiple answers when only a single answer is needed. 

There were not enough questions for me to test in detail.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Oh, whoa, totally didn't notice the new quiz section. It's "above the fold" on my large monitor, but not entirely. 👀

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Well, that was fun - and I got all of them right! Cool little addition. Nothing stands out to me other than the ones already mentioned above. 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

Great idea, I like it! I think it could definitely help educate people about difference between question and discussion etc.

"Be nice to me" :-)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

I had not seen this previously.. I like the confetti!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

Those were a fun little distraction :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

@Monique vdB great idea, I think it can provide better way of learning (at least for me:)) than long discussion or article. Because it's using trial and error method. It will show instantly what I do (not)know.

I also think you can use it for getting fast feedback... probably more efficiently than using comments.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

I've run through the quizzes and from a usability perspective just thought that there's a lot of clicking required to go through the steps. Answering and moving to the next question both uses the same Next button caption. I feel lucky vs next question already makes a difference there, if that were possible.

I did like the confetti at the end :-)

And as others are saying, the immediate feedback is definitely a nice addition to the feature set imho.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Maybe I overlooked it, but I think I missed an actual link in the second quiz description. If I remember well, the intro text mentioned the Community Guidelines, but I can't remember it was possible to click through to the page, contrary to the way it's done in this topic.

Could be helpful to show the link at the end, especially if people fail terribly :-) 

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

They worked fine. I didn't run into any issues.

johndpatton February 3, 2021

Yep I would have missed them as well - thanks!

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

Are the quizzes gone? I don't see them:

screenshot.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events