Some feedback about the kudos pilot (random thoughts)

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Hi there!

After some time passed being involved in the kudos pilot I take the liberty to write some experiences down. They are in no particular order and there are no show stoppers for me - meanwhile it is working pretty good.

What I really like:

- giving/receiving kudos as recognition is a new function, up to now there was no such option - that's great
- the kudos system is transparent and works very well
- the dashboard is very easy to reach and it loads pretty fast in most cases
- the challenges are easy to understand
- the challenges meanwhile trigger reliable

What could be improved:

- items in the trophy case can be clicked on to get some details - this is not easy to understand
- when clicking on items in the trophy case the text is cut and the formatting makes it hard to read (using Mozilla Firefox at least)
- the leaderboard distinction between the users could still be improved (Global / Community Leaders), there had already been ideas around in this group
- a level higher than "Harvest" would be a good idea
- personally I'm a bit unsure about the "Super Solve Thursday". It's cool but in case the Thursday is a busy day without having time to check back to Atlassian Community there is no chance to earn the extra kudos
- sometimes the kudos button is just not there, same time the avatars all over Community are missing then same time (probably a connection/session/timeout issue and not really related to kudos pilot)

These are just some bullet points they came lately to my mind.
Overall it's an improvement and a nice addition to what Community already offers.

Cheers,
Daniel

3 comments

Comment

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Hi! 

Thank you for your feedback

How I can check that program?

Looks interesting app

Cheers,

Gonchik

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 7, 2021

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov click the button at the upper left of your screen that says "Kudos"! 

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2021

Hey @Daniel Ebers thank you for your comprehensive feedback! We'll be doing our best to address it as we continue to refine the program.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2021

@Daniel Ebers as Jacob says, we are working to address as much of this as we can! The pilot has been extended and we are now moving into a "beta" phase with some more improvements. So thank you and keep them coming! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events