Search not working properly

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hello Monique,

It looks like the search to give kudos to colleagues and community leaders is not working properly  i cannot find some people  for example Andy Heinzer.

Is any one facing  the same issue? (I searched also by name and surname)

Kind regards,

Moses

3 comments

Comment

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Moses Thomas 👋

I have the same issue but I believe it's because not everyone is on the Community Kudos Beta Program. When this officially rolls out to the wider Community you'll be able to give Kudos to all colleagues but for now it's limited to who is in the program.

Hope this helps 😃

All the best,

Laura

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_  Thanks for the response, it does makes sense,  but i  also see some users that are new in the community/not leaders and they are visible in the  search box hmm

Kind regards,

Moses

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

With the Beta program they have a range of Community members involved for example I was selected for the Beta before I joyously achieved Community Leader. 

From what I understand the selection can be quite random so they can get perspectives from members who have just joined to long standing ones and of course members like us (Community Leaders) 😃

All the best,

Laura

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_  Ok  I see now, very well then :)

Kind regards,

Moses

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

The search function is indeed flawed in my experience. Results are hit and miss I haven’t found a solution to make it more reliable. @Monique vdB ?

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 10, 2021

Ah, search. Normally I look for people using last name only - the kudos search does not recognize spaces or special characters, and first names tend to be too common. But indeed, if people are not enrolled in the kudos program, you will not be able to find them. The hovercard will show level and kudos points for those who are enrolled.

Good news on this though! In the not-too-distant future we will be adding a kudos tab to the profile. This means you can go straight to anyone's profile and if they are enrolled in the program, give them kudos directly there. Here is a sneak peek of what this looks like in our development environment:

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 12.29.30 PM.png

Like # people like this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2021

@Monique vdB  Thank you for the  response really good improvement 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2021

@Monique vdB  I have noticed another problem looks like the Kudos point is not updating any more regarding user activity. for example, i constantly return back to the community but i don't see my points updated, I was the first to answer question but it wasn't updated , i joined/post a new JSD group and i did not get the points promise

could you please investigate ?

Kind regards,

Moses

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2021

@Monique vdB  Any updates? it is  still not working as i have explained above and  more i  always get pop ups on linux and windows that i  won a lottery ? wierd behaviour.

KR//

Moses

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 2, 2021

@Moses Thomas. it sounds like your cookies are being cleared or suppressed somehow - you're only supposed to get the lottery pop up once. Are you using an ad blocker or similar browser extension? You may need to whitelist community in order for your actions to be recorded. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2021

Hello,

But my browser is not blocking Atlassian community.  Let me check now and see.

Kind regards,

Moses

Like Monique vdB likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events