Progress Bar don't reset when I level up

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi!

I have a problem with the progress bar

Like here, the progress bar is fullfilled but I'm less 20% (17,85% exactly) on this level

Screenshot 2022-06-03 075511.png

It is a known bug or I'm the only one to have that

Thanks in advance and see you soon!

Remi

2 comments

Comment

Michiel Schuijer June 3, 2022

Hi, it shows the same for me:

kudos.png

1265 out of 1700 and also the bar is completely blue. Not sure if that just means it is close to the end already or in progress or something.

With your 1125/1700 you are much higher than 20%, so I'm not sure where you get the % from?

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Like I explain to @Filipi Lima , I calculated 17,85% because the previous level was at 1000 points. If you make 125 (1125-1000 of the previous level) x 100 / 700 (1700 - 1000 of the previous level), you have the result of 17,85% but, if you make 1125 * 100 / 1700, you are at 66,17% exactly but the progress bar don't reflect the progress from the previous level to the new level (Here with the level 5: L05: 1000 & L06: 1700). You have accumulated more ponts since the 1st level than the number of points required and the progress bar isn't clear.

So that's why I have this percentage of 17,85% of progress to the next level

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Rémi BERNIÈRES ,

The "full bar" will go all the way over the "Next: <level>".

1125 /1700 is over 66% and I could not figure out how you reached the 17,85%.

image.png

Like Michiel Schuijer likes this
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

I calculated 17,85% because the previous level was at 1000 points. If you make 125 (1125-1000 of the previous level) x 100 / 700 (1700 - 1000 of the previous level), you have the result of 17,85%

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2022

Thanks for explaining that! I see your point.

But for the purpose of the progress bar, consider the numbers displayed on the screen. You keep the points from the last level as part of the progress for the next. As you can see it gets progressively higher.

I understand it means you don't start from 0%.

Level 10 I remember requiring 10k points. When I reached it the new goal became 50k and I started with my previous 10k there already.

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

Okay, but why my progress bar still at 100% instead, at this time we talk, at 76,76%Screenshot 2022-06-03 143142.png

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2022

Could you provide a screenshot covering more around that area like I did?

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

Yeah, here:Screenshot 2022-06-03 143825.png

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2022

100% goes all the way to the right, so it's reflecting your 76%.

image.png

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

Yes, I know how a progress bar works but why am I constantly at 100%? This is the base of my problem

And I want to know it is a known issue

Michiel Schuijer June 3, 2022

What he is trying to tell you is that the bar you see in your profile is not at 100%

See the difference in his screenshot and yours: both have a blue bar that is rounded at the end but his is much shorter because he has a long way to go until 50000.

In our case it is not very far from the "Next: <level>" so you can see it is at ~75% using some imagination.

Like # people like this
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

Ahhhhh okay, now I understand! So, the thing there isn't a background for where the progress bar will stop (just make a light grey to make difference with the blue progress and where he will stop)

Thank you for your answer, it was me who don't understood

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

So, the end of progress bar will be more/less here: Capture d’écran 2022-06-03 183119.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events