cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos flooding

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

Hi,

I noticed that I potentially can give all my kudos to a colleague / friend without any check. Is this going to be looked at?

Apologies if this was already posted.

Matteo

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hey @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ ,

Appreciate your concern here. What would be a good way for us to encourage the Kudos behavior (rewarding good content/people on Community) while limiting bad actors?

We could certainly set up caps on how many a person can receive per week but would love to hear your thoughts!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi Jacob,

Maybe limiting the amount of kudos you can give to someone every day? Say 1 if they are part of the same organization and 3 otherwise?

I don't think it will be a big deal anyway.

Matteo

1 vote
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2021

I think this was not asked here.

Currently, i see no block function, so you can push yourself with a friend with 1k kudos per week (which will not help you to get to the #1 with currently 85k)

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2021

Hi,

Well it depends on how many people are in your group. 10pp = 10,000 kudos / week. Anyway, just asking, no big deal.

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ 👋

I imagine it'll be considered in more detail before a full roll out but at the same time you may still want to recognise fellow colleagues or friends so it's a little tricky. 

I guess the name of the game is to help other members of the Community and recognise any and all when they've done amazing work so you could beat the system or honestly award Kudos to those that have made a difference to either yourself or others. But that's the fun of it all - it's entirely up to you what you do with your Kudos 😃

Bigger question, are you currently enjoying the Kudos Beta?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events