Kudos Recognition Feature - Does not allow to search names with spaces in between

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi There,

It looks like there is a bug when you want to gift Kudos to a user and you want to search their full name, it gives you no results back.

recognition_kudos.png

The workaround is to search by the first name and then scroll through all the hits to select the right person.

Regards.

2 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 20, 2021

@Fabian Lim pro tip: searching by last name often is better.  @John Funk is a good example because there are a lot of Johns but fewer Funks!

You can also give kudos directly from the profile. :) 

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

@Monique vdB  - Oops! I was just typing my response below and you have already responded. Thanks.

Like Monique vdB likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

And we certainly don't need more Funks!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

@Fabian Lim ,

Yes, I have noticed this too. Alternatively, you can search by last name and it would work.

@Monique vdB  - Could you please check this one from your end and confirm the expected behaviour?

Cheers

Suvradip

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 20, 2021

I'll talk to our developers about a timeline for fixing this. Alternately we could put a disclaimer somewhere in there!

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

Great @Monique vdB ! Thanks again.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events