January Comment Challenge

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

Hello community,

I've just discussed this topic today with one fellow leader and it is still running through my mind, so I will just ask. I really don't mean any offence, I'm just curios and little bit scared :-).

What do you think of "January Comment Challenge" - get kudos for commenting 10 articles?

It seems to me it will end up having a lot of articles with comments like - "hey, this is great article", but there will be no useful information.

It makes perfect sense to me to have these comments in the welcome center, all the Friday funs etc., but I'm not sure about the articles.

Thank you!

3 comments

Comment

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

I have similar opinion as @Hana Kučerová . It always depends what should be commented. I think it is great idea to welcome new people as it creates the feeling of the community. Articles/discussiosn which are marked as "off-topic" are also a great way to have fun and to feel like community (big thank you to everyone who creates such topics).

On the other hand, technical articles or "how to something" threads can be so dirty with "no value" comments. I know collecting kudos is so addictive (I cancelled my facebook account to have more time to participate on the community :D) but maybe the rules can take this into account. However I have no idea how...

I still do not think I am a community expert,  I learn something new every day... and I know it is extremely difficult to set up the environment and kudos tasks. I also appreciate all the effort which is put into community by Atlassian team and all the participants...

THank you @Hana Kučerová for the topic :)

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

I see what you mean, so it would need to be "write a meaningful contribution to an article" :-)
That is a hard one to fix, I guess. The basic idea behind it was probably to get a vibrant discussion in articles instead of a bunch of "thank you"'s :-)
Maybe it works ok a 50/50 route, the one half is exchanging about the topic, the rest is okay-ish to just leave a "hey, great" there.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ and @Daniel Ebers , thank you for your opinions. To be honest I'm out of ideas how to improve this challenge, so that only valuable comments would be taken.

And yes, it is very addictive, but I promise, I won't go for this one using comments like "hey, great article" :-).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events