Awarding peer kudos: looking for your input!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 22, 2021

Before I get to the request for your ideas, I want to highlight a bug in the peer kudos experience that you may be running into. 

As you may have already seen, the search in the recognition widget cannot handle spaces or special characters. We are working to fix this bug!  I'll keep you posted on our progress. 

In the meantime, I've found that using last names can be helpful, since last names tend to be more unique. Enter the person's first or last name, and then scroll to find the person you are looking for.  This will only show you users who are also enrolled in the beta.  (Note: all of our Community Leaders are enrolled in the beta.) 

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 9.30.11 AM.png

Another issue we are aware of: you can't see why someone has awarded you kudos. We're working to fix that ASAP as well. 

We also are thinking about including other ways to give people kudos: for example on individual posts, or on their profile pages. Do you have any ideas of how we could make this work best? Where would you like to see this option? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

3 comments

Comment

Chris Annal April 22, 2021

I must say, you're pretty quick Monique! I discovered this "bug" and found the workaround as you suggested. In fact, I was typing your name and when I got to the "space" after your first name, the Search tool started displaying "Results not found". However, if I stopped right at the final letter of your first name, I could see all the "Monique" users in this community. I like the last name approach even better. I'll have to try that next time. :)

Like # people like this
Vicki Wilt April 22, 2021

+1

Like Monique vdB likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Suggestion: If someone "likes" your content on Community, that should feed kudos. One like doesn't have to equal a kudos, of course! (To prevent abuse, etc.)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Sarah Baker April 23, 2021

Yes, perhaps it could be stepped, so for every 5 "likes" some Kudos was awarded, perhaps even 5 Kudos? I wonder what would happen if someone had 4 likes, and then someone liked, un-liked, then liked, the post?!

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events