cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing Author conditions

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

So, I've finally made it through "Article Author" challenge publishing this article.

And now - level 2 - Amazing Author

Conditions: Publish 10 articles.

I've published 4 articles to product collections so far, but the challenge still shows 0 of 10 completed:

I've checked some active contributors profiles (people mentioned often in Atlassian Authors group) and some of them already completed this challenge. So, it is possible...

But how :-)? Any thoughts? Thank you.

3 comments

Comment

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2021

for some achievments, the counter took a while to realize it, 5-10 mins

but I think that you wrote your 4 articles in >10 mins, so this should't be the problem

did the "product collections" counted for the 10 articles of the previous badge?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2021

Hi @Alexander Pappert ,

thanks, yes, these were written during more days...

For the previous badge, only 1 article was needed, but it took me two:

• Jira: Article - didn't work
  • Atlassian Cloud Migration: Article - did work
Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 9, 2021

Did you get the normal badges for this - should have got one for each of 1 and 3 articles written.

I'm a bit confused about the overlap between these - have the old badges been deprecated? Can we only get the new kudos badges?

My article count seems to be working for the kudos version.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ Thank you. Yes, I got normal badges (as a study group leader I've published articles in the study groups in the history and it was enough for the badges, but not kudos)

I think the plan is to switch from the badges to kudos in the future, but for now both should work...

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 9, 2021

So you still don't have the kudos badges? Sounds like a bug to me. Is it worth raising with Monique?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

I've asked Monique to look at it as it seems to me there's really some kind of problem.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 11, 2021

My guess here is that articles in groups are not counting as articles for the purposes of this badge. Instead, only articles in product or interest collections count.

Would this explain what y'all are seeing?

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB ,

thank you. All 4 articles were published in product collections (Jira, Confluence and Marketplace Apps & Integrations). Please, would you look into it more? Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events