cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday - Taco Tuesday! & Trello!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

taco-3-body.png

This is Taco!  Taco is the Trello Mascot!  Say Hello to Taco!

Its Tuesday! and that means its time for another Topic Tuesday.  This is nacho typical post, lettuce taco-bout Trello!
(please don't throw tomatoes at me! I'm done with the puns, Promise)

At our last meeting, we watched the Trello Day Keynote talk, from Barcelona.  We also started to chat about why would you use Trello instead of Jira, or even Confluence.  It seemed like there wouldn't be a lot of space for Trello with those two products in use already.  But, as we chatted more and more about it, I think we did come up with some really good reasons to use it.

The complete ease of use and native understand of how to use it was a really big point!  No need to have  an administrator set it all up and build complicated workflows before being able to use it. Very little training or at least formal training to be able to use it.  

I've started using Trello boards to manage my over arching to-do matrix, with every thing I need to get done, I've made boards to help manage my multiple volunteer obligations and I am going to follow Dallas AUGs idea of planning certification study group points in one for the Columbus AUG.

There are many more ideas of how to bring Trello to your projects too, 

Find inspiration here!
https://trello.com/inspiration

All Columbus AUG members who comments with their favorite inspiration will be entered into a Drawing for a $20 Swag store credit! (to be handed out at our Oct 9th AUG)

1 comment

Comment

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Becoming a first time homeowner, my fiance and I have poured through minimalist methods for maintaining, cleaning, and caring for a home using scheduled rotations. This included creating a huge set of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly cleaning/maintenance schedules. I think Trello would be perfect to use as a way to digitally maintain this list and collaborate on it across devices (no need to be near the pen and paper in my office!) with family. I found this inspiration that shows an awesome chore board that can be used for this type of purpose that I think I will try out for this purpose! https://trello.com/b/S3LkCJ5c/spring-cleaning

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2018

Ooh! I like this one. I have been contemplating breaking out my Daily and Weekly Chore lists into their own boards, vs columns on my over-arching to do matrix.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events