Topic Tuesday - Exam Study Group

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Meeple-1-868x586.png

Ok, so yes, it's Wednesday, but I meant to post this for Topic Tuesday.  Time is Wimbly Wombly Timey Wimey....er Relative anyway right?

So, We have had discussions on this in the past and I would really like to get something formal going.  We have some various options with this, but I would like to start with Jira and the ACP-100 & ACP-600.  I think we can cover aspects of both of these in study sessions, if you all don't think it will be too much.  We can look at doing these in google hangouts if there is a small amount of interest, or we could look at physical meetings, if the demand is there and we can come up with a good central place for most folks.  Nights I am available for the forseeable future are Monday & Wednesdays.  

I am following along with Dallas AUG as they set their study sessions with a Trello board.  I think this might be beneficial for us as well.  Soo, would love to hear your thoughts.  Online, or in Person?  Downtown? Burbs?  With dinner plans or BYO?  

Also don't forget to throw your thoughts in on this Topic Tuesday post as well
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Columbus/Topic-Tuesday-Training-Classes-at-our-AUGs/gpm-p/905912#M42

2 comments

Comment

antricia tran October 18, 2018

Love this idea!  I would like to physically attend the study sessions and maybe a board where we can leave questions. 

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

I think an online discussion would also be beneficial (maybe a forum format). For those of us who have taken the exam, we could chime in. 

Greg Sprowls October 18, 2018

So if we're looking to do 6-8 weeks of studying prior to the exam, perhaps we do all in person.  If we're looking to study longer than that, I would suggest doing Google Hangouts to start in smaller bite size pieces, then in person for longer sessions just before we plan on testing.

As for where, some place central would be best.  I always prefer to vote for my stomping grounds, but for something like this I feel most people will travel if the session is long enough to vindicate the drive time.

I would also say, BYO for meals.  Makes it easier to coordinate.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2018

Good ideas @Greg Sprowls, I too am a fan of the BYO for meals, but wanted to make sure folks didn't skip dinner or some such to attend.

Do you have a preference for Mondays or Wednesday? Will either of those work for you?  I think 6-8 weeks is an excellent starting point for length of sessions.

Greg Sprowls October 18, 2018

Wednesdays would be better on my end of the two.  I will be free going forward starting in November.  Mondays are tied up with Boy Scouts, but I can make that work if need be for a short period of time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events