Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira is case sensitive-friendly reminder :)

Anja Brkljacic November 19, 2018

I just spent 20 min troubleshooting a Jira validator that was not executing....only to realize it was because I had capital letters in the name of my subtask I was validating against, and the subtask had lowercase letters in its name.

So, hoping my "d'oh" moment will save someone troubleshooting pain by reminding you all "Jira is case-sensitive" :) 

3 comments

Comment

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

Oh!  This is good!

Anyone else have some surprising Jiraisms or good-to-knows about other products?

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

Thanks for the heads up @Anja Brkljacic!

Eric Anderson December 27, 2020

Thanks for sharing from your experience.  If you could share a bit more, I'm curious about what conditions made it so that the mismatch of case was not detected.  Normally in languages with static typing (Java, C, C++, etc.), if there is a mismatch such as in the mismatch of case, then that would generate error messages in most cases that alert about the lack of a match.

Was this a situation where something prevented a relevant error message?  Or was it that the messages that were generated were not sufficiently clear?  Or perhaps something else that made it more elusive to pinning it down to the differences in case?

Thanks again for sharing so that others could benefit.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events