Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using the latest maven clover plugin version 3.1.4 i am getting a clover incompatible message

Scott Brinkmeyer April 23, 2012

i am running the build through the Jenkins CI server on a rhel 6.1 x64 slave and x64 starting with a clean workspace i do a

no change for http:// since the previous build
[ItemViewer.site] $ /usr/local/apache-maven/maven-current/bin/mvn -P default install clover2:instrument
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order: 
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Project
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Extractor Service Adapter
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Webapp
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - EAR
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building NWEA Item Viewer - Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [install, clover2:instrument
[INFO] Clover Version 3.1.0, built on May 31 2011 (build-821) [INFO] Loaded from: /home/cmadmin/.m2/repository/com/cenqua/clover/clover/3.1.0/clover-3.1.0.jar [INFO] Clover: Community License registered to Northwest Evaluation Association. [INFO] Loading coverage database from: '/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db' [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] FATAL ERROR [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] com.atlassian.clover.registry.IncompatibleRegistryFormatException: Clover is no longer compatible with the registry file "/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db" (format version 314, supported 302). Please regenerate. [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Trace /tmp/mvn5221450728532647907resource:35: com.atlassian.clover.registry.IncompatibleRegistryFormatException: Clover is no longer compatible with the registry file "/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db" (format version 314, supported 302). Please regenerate. at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.CloverReportTask.cloverExecute(CloverReportTask.java:388) at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.AbstractCloverTask.execute(AbstractCloverTask.java:55)

then a second run through of

<===[JENKINS REMOTING CAPACITY]===>channel started
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.BooleanConverter).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Executing Maven:  -B -f /usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/pom.xml -P default site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order: 
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Project
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Extractor Service Adapter
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - Webapp
[INFO]   NWEA Item Viewer - EAR
[INFO] Building NWEA Item Viewer - Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [site]
[INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: checkstyle_pre_site}] [INFO] Preparing clover2:instrument

and i get

[INFO] Clover Version 3.1.0, built on May 31 2011 (build-821)
[INFO] Loaded from: /home/cmadmin/.m2/repository/com/cenqua/clover/clover/3.1.0/clover-3.1.0.jar
[INFO] Clover: Community License registered to Northwest Evaluation Association.
[INFO] Loading coverage database from: '/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db'
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] com.atlassian.clover.registry.IncompatibleRegistryFormatException: Clover is no longer compatible with the registry file "/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db" (format version 314, supported 302). Please regenerate.
[INFO] Trace
/tmp/mvn5221450728532647907resource:35: com.atlassian.clover.registry.IncompatibleRegistryFormatException: Clover is no longer compatible with the registry file "/usr/local/jenkins-slave/workspace/ItemViewer.site/target/clover/cloverMerge.db" (format version 314, supported 302). Please regenerate.
	at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.CloverReportTask.cloverExecute(CloverReportTask.java:388)
	at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.AbstractCloverTask.execute(AbstractCloverTask.java:55)

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2012

Hi Scott,

I found this article which may be useful. Applying the explanation to your use case:

clover.db files should not be kept around between builds and specially not between upgrades of Clover. They should be used for reporting and then discarded.

IncompatibleRegistryFormatException indicates you have a clover.db generated using version 3.1.4 but you are trying to report on it using clover 3.0.2. You should rebuild your project using Clover 3.0.2, rerun your tests and run your report.

Scott Brinkmeyer April 24, 2012

first, thanks for responding Felipe,

so this is a clean build, first build, (rm -rf *) clean workspace. the db is not there at all. i am only using the maven clover2 plugin, and it is running on a multi-project (aggregator) maven pom. what is happening appears to be:

during the first pass.

the "test" phase, clover is generating all the individual clover databases in the individual projects (??? using the 3.1.4 interface ???)

then during the same build process (remember this is clean and all i have done is "mvn clean install site") but as the "second pass" via site. then the clover2:aggregator is coming around during "site" lifecycle and trying to put all those little db's together to generate the aggregated clover report for this project.

i think the aggregator goal somehow is still trying to use the old "schema/interface" and it is all ... "what the hell..."

so, next i'm going to have to go take a look at the clover2 plugin source code for the aggregator ....

--scott

Tushar Bhasme August 24, 2015

I am facing the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events