Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[maven-clover2-plugin] licenseLocation param is ignored if license is defined in parent pom

Maciej Birecki September 1, 2014

Hi

I noticed that -Dmaven.clover.license is ignored if clover license is already present in pom file.

From my understanding maven overrides properties from pom files if user provides them in command line. Maven clover plugins seems to act differently:

[DEBUG] Full license supplied. Length: '261'. License location: 'clover.license' will be ignored.

If there is a way to provide license with CLI if it's already defined in pom file? I used clover plugin version >=3.1.0

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Please note that there are two properties which you can use to pass a Clover license key:

• license (maven.clover.license) - license key pasted as text (usually encapsulated in CDATA)
  • licenseLocation (maven.clover.licenseLocation) - path to a license file

See: http://docs.atlassian.com/maven-clover2-plugin/latest/setup-mojo.html

As per the 'license' documentation:

The full Clover license String to use. If supplied, this certificate will be used over licenseLocation.

The debug message in your question says exactly the same - because of the fact that the license key has been provided in maven.clover.license, a path to a license file provided in the maven.clover.licenseLocation will be ignored.

What may be misleading is the message you have:

License location: 'clover.license'.

The 'clover.license' is a path to a file and not a name of the -D system property.

Maciej Birecki September 1, 2014

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for help. Just for clarification I made typo in my original post. I meant maven.clover.licenseLocation is used by me and ignored by maven.This is the command I used (valid results were not the point here.I was only interested in loading license via file):

mvn com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-clover2-plugin:4.0.0:setup -Dmaven.clover.licenseLocation=clover.license -X

where clover.license is file with license and it's in the same dir as project main pom.xml but as you pointed it's ignored because license param is already defined

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events