Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instrumented class show up as not executed even though it is.

olu oyedipe November 19, 2015

Some of my instrumented classes are showing up with no coverage when i generate an html report. i know this is incorrect because the code that's showing no coverage is required to be executed in order for the tests to complete successfully. Is there some other debug i can enable other than "ant -d"? i already looked through that output and i did not see any errors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2015

Are you sure that code is instrumented? Are you referring to production code which shows up with no coverage and you're 100% sure it's being executed I presume.

• Is the code for which coverage is missing properly instrumented and not excluded?
  • Is the code for which coverage is missing "static", by which I mean it's not being generated by some tool during the build process?
  • Are you using long living JVM, as e.g. Web Server, which isn't really terminated, if so please verify your flush policy, because the default one will flush all data to disk after JVM termination
  • Is instrumentation, test runs and report generation happens on the same machine, if not, are you sure you are copying right and all of coverage files to report generation machine? 
  • If you'd isolate running the code you're not getting coverage, is there coverage files showing up?

olu oyedipe November 24, 2015

Thanks!! The interval on the flush policy was modified and it seems to be working better now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events