does clover support to read and write clover.db and coverage recording files from hdfs

Juan LS January 26, 2014

Currently, we are trying to use clover as the code coverage tools for our distributed system. Which requires a network file system to share the clover.db and coverage recording files. But it's not covinient to use network file, many reasons. My question is, does clover support to read and write clover.db and coverage recording files from hdfs? Such as I can define the maven configure "clover.initstring=hdfs://dilithiumblue-nn1.blue.ygrid.yahoo.com:8020/projects/xxx/clover/clover.db".

If yes, how to configure it?

If no, can I implemented a plugin or something to do so?

2 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2014

Hi Juan,

I've read more details about HDFS in the documentation and it's rather unlikely that Clover will work on it without modifications - I expected that HDFS works transparently like NFS, but it looks that it's a completely different architecture and API. Sorry for a confusion.

Answering your question "can I implement a plugin or something to do so" - Clover has no API for plugging custom file system. However, I have raised a feature request for this, feel free to vote on it:

Note: I cannot tell right now whether or when this feature will be implemented. A road map for an entire year 2014 is set up already: Clover+Road+Map

Cheers
Marek

Juan LS February 10, 2014

Thanks for your quick response. I've vote for that ticket.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2014

Hi Juan,

Does clover support to read and write clover.db and coverage recording files from hdfs?

Clover uses Java's IO (streams) and NIO (file channels) to operate on the clover.db file. It means that HDFS must be able to handle them.

Honestly speaking, I did not test whether Clover runs on HDFS, but there's one post about running Clover with MapReduce on HDFS and it looks that it was OK:

In case you'd encounter any problems, just let me know.

If yes, how to configure it?

You can define the <cloverDatabase> option in the maven-clover2-plugin configuration:

TIP: you might need to use the <singleCloverDatabase> too.

Cheers
Marek

Juan LS January 27, 2014

So you are saying clover implement a way to get and put clover db file on hadoop?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events