Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clover:build error

ksondere May 2, 2017

Checked out the clover project from bitbucket and performed, executed ant global.build

Here are the errors I'm getting

clover-buildutil.build:
[javac] Compiling 4 source files to /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/target/classes
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:3: error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorFactory;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:4: error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessor;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:5: error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorEnvironment;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:6: error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.Filer;

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

Hey, you need to JDK 1.6 in order to compile Clover as per developer guide

ksondere May 5, 2017

Ah thanks man, for reasons of my own incompetence I suppose I could not seem to find the guide, thanks

ksondere May 5, 2017

modified maven and java versions as per the developer guide.  Verified the versions via the command line, ran ant global.build and now get this error

[exec] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
[exec] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
[exec] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
[exec] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
[exec] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
[exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
[exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
[exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
[exec] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[exec] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClassFromSelf(ClassRealm.java:401)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:42)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.unsynchronizedLoadClass(ClassRealm.java:271)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:254)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:239)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.getMainClass(Launcher.java:144)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:266)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
[exec] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

ksondere May 5, 2017

Overstack suggests it's a maven version problem

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31394456/java-6-unsupported-major-minor-version-51-0

However I do have the correct version of maven installed.

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

It simply looks like you're using Maven version which is too new for Java 6. Please take a look at Clover's commons.xml file. When it operates with Maven it calls mvn command. Please verify if it's the Maven 3.2.5, if it's not you can try to run ANT with -Dpath.to.mvn=PATH_TO_MVN325 or simply chaning this file and point this variable to proper path. 

ksondere May 8, 2017

Ah thanks, I tried that and now I'm back to this error even though I'm using java 1.6

Compiling 4 source files to /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/target/classes
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:3: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorFactory;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:4: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessor;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:5: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorEnvironment;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/ksondere/work/clover/clover-buildutil/src/com/atlassian/clover/build/codegen/InstrumentationBindingAPF.java:6: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
[javac] import com.sun.mirror.apt.Filer;
[javac]

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2017

This generally means, you're actually not using JDK 1.6. Potentially, java -version reports 1.6 since it's in the PATH, but ANT uses different JAVA due to various reasons like JAVA_HOME poiting to different JDK or simillar. 

You can also consider using OpenClover tool based on Atlassian Clover. This is an innitiative we started with a friend to keep building Clover in our spare time. There are binaries ready to use (with exclusion of Maven integration since we encountered some blockers). Note, this innitiative is not backed by Atlassian. 

ksondere May 9, 2017

Thanks Grzegorz! OpenClover is what I was actually hoping for :-)  Works great!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events