cannot get the coverage data

When I'm using clover to do a JUnit Test for a NotePad sample project, I got the result of the test case in the Test Run Explorer layer, but I cannot get any coverage result in the Coverage Explorer layer, PS: I did this all along the tutorial, but it still doesn't work out... >_<

9 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi George, did you click on the "Refresh" button in Coverage Explorer for both projects?

Yeah, i did. And what sucks is that if I test NotePad seperately by running as an Android Application, it works pretty good, but once with this test project, it's down...

Did you have any differences in steps perfomed compared to tutorial? Things like:

• different ADT / Eclipse / Java / OS version?
  • initstring value used for NotePad and NotePadTests?

Are you able to find coverage data files on the device (or emulator)? They are named like "clover.dbHHHHHHH_TTTTTTTTTT" and located in /data/data/application.name/...

Are you able to find the same coverage files on PC after clicking "Refresh" button (in the same directory where clover.db is located - see initstring).

One more thing: what do you see in Error Log console when Clover logging is set to DEBUG (Clover-for-Android / Troubleshooting chapter)?

I tried to recheck it, but when I do it step by step according to the tutorial, it turned out to be like this, it happened right after I enabled the clover for android sample project NotePad, oh ,BTW, I tried the other projects, they work well without clover, so I think it must be something between Eclipse and Clover, I've tried this for several times, and it's just like a death trigger, whenever I press the button "Enable Clover", the Eclipse dies...and the errlog shows only one info as below

Path is weird - it should rather be something like:
Setting classpath variable "CLOVER_RUNTIME" to "D:\Soft\Eclipse\eclipse-4.2-debug\plugins\com.cenqua.clover.runtime_3.1.7.v20120920000000\clover-runtime.jar"

But I never changed anything about it, the path was generated automatically, and if so, what should I do to fix it, will deleting the file in that path be of some help?

Could you try to install Clover-for-Android on a fresh Eclipse installation? Did you use standard Eclipse for Java Developers version or some other bundle? Did you installit using "Help > Install New Software > Add ..." or by extracting zip into eclipse/dropins directory?

oh, it's the version of Eclipse, 3Q so much !~ ^_^

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

175 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you