Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot get the coverage data

george duan December 3, 2012

When I'm using clover to do a JUnit Test for a NotePad sample project, I got the result of the test case in the Test Run Explorer layer, but I cannot get any coverage result in the Coverage Explorer layer, PS: I did this all along the tutorial, but it still doesn't work out... >_<

9 answers

0 votes
george duan December 11, 2012

oh, it's the version of Eclipse, 3Q so much !~ ^_^

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2012

Could you try to install Clover-for-Android on a fresh Eclipse installation? Did you use standard Eclipse for Java Developers version or some other bundle? Did you installit using "Help > Install New Software > Add ..." or by extracting zip into eclipse/dropins directory?

0 votes

But I never changed anything about it, the path was generated automatically, and if so, what should I do to fix it, will deleting the file in that path be of some help?

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2012

Path is weird - it should rather be something like:
Setting classpath variable "CLOVER_RUNTIME" to "D:\Soft\Eclipse\eclipse-4.2-debug\plugins\com.cenqua.clover.runtime_3.1.7.v20120920000000\clover-runtime.jar"

0 votes

I tried to recheck it, but when I do it step by step according to the tutorial, it turned out to be like this, it happened right after I enabled the clover for android sample project NotePad, oh ,BTW, I tried the other projects, they work well without clover, so I think it must be something between Eclipse and Clover, I've tried this for several times, and it's just like a death trigger, whenever I press the button "Enable Clover", the Eclipse dies...and the errlog shows only one info as below

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2012

One more thing: what do you see in Error Log console when Clover logging is set to DEBUG (Clover-for-Android / Troubleshooting chapter)?

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2012

Did you have any differences in steps perfomed compared to tutorial? Things like:

• different ADT / Eclipse / Java / OS version?
  • initstring value used for NotePad and NotePadTests?

Are you able to find coverage data files on the device (or emulator)? They are named like "clover.dbHHHHHHH_TTTTTTTTTT" and located in /data/data/application.name/...

Are you able to find the same coverage files on PC after clicking "Refresh" button (in the same directory where clover.db is located - see initstring).

0 votes

Yeah, i did. And what sucks is that if I test NotePad seperately by running as an Android Application, it works pretty good, but once with this test project, it's down...

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2012

Hi George, did you click on the "Refresh" button in Coverage Explorer for both projects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events