Why isn't coverage explorer showing 100% coverage.

Paul Gorbas November 5, 2013

I do not see how to determine why I am not getting 100% covergae in my test. Where is the view which list what is and is not covered.

Having clover run all your test and reporting less than 100% coverage without telling you what is not covered would be like going to the doctor and having a full head to toe phisical and the doctor reports that "You are not 100% healthy" and tells you nothing more.

2 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2013

Do you have Coverage Explorer view opened?

Do you have Test Run Explorer view opened?

Do you have code highlighting enabled in source editor?

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2013
Paul Gorbas November 11, 2013

The tutotria, which I have never seen before nor is there an easy to find link to it anywhere that I could find, is fine as far as it goes but it did not answer my question. You response to my issue by throwing a tutorial at me is about as effective as throwing a dictionary at someone asking the definition of a word - the answer may be partialy covered somewhere, but it is not exactly helpful.

The tutrial in this case only partialy answered by question. It appears that the tool will show you line by line coverage, if you know how to turn that feature on and the turorial fails to explain that. All it said was "To view coverage information on a line-by-line basis, Clover adds coloured annotations to your project's Java source code editors."

When wwhat was need was a graphic like this:

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2013

Hi Paul, I don't see any graphic. Could you paste a link again?

Hmmm, didn't paste a link. I cut and paste an image directly into the message. and it seamed to take it - it was apparing in my preview....I don't have any public accessable place to post anything. The graphic just showed the "Coverage Explorer" tab in Eclipse with a circle around, and red arrow pointing to the icon button that turns on/off the line by line coverage. The tool tip said "Shows full covergae information in all open editors."

I didn't know about the feature of the product, so it helps a lot. What would be nice would be the a tooltip that had text explaining just wasn't covered and why for each problem area. Some crieria is used to determine when something is marked "not covered" just revel that information... Just an idea for improvment.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2013

OK. Indeed, the tutorial does not have a graphic with an arrow pointing to this button :-) Is the code coverage highlighting in a source editor feature sufficient for you to spot uncovered areas or are you looking for something more?

Paul Gorbas November 18, 2013

I have closed this question and/or marked it as anwered no fewer than 6 times, and still I am getting nag emails to close it. THIS WEB SITE is buggy!

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2013

I believe it was because you were adding a new answer instead of a comment. I've converted all your answers to comments, so it should be fine now.

Oh, you have to click on my answer "Please have a look at the tutorial ..." - on the gray tick in the upper corner to accept it (will turn to green). This might be a last source of an email spam ;-)

Paul Gorbas November 24, 2013

marek, it Didn't work - I am still getting nag eMails. This web site has issues.

Paul Gorbas November 24, 2013

I HAVE already accepted answers several times - I am done with this and wil mnark allemail from this system as spam.

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

None of the answers is accepted. Maybe that is the reason.

Can you try to accept one of the answers? You can provide and accept your own answer as well.

Cheers,
Jacek

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

None of the answers seem to be accepted when I look at this page. Accepted answers usually have a leggible green mark.

I have raised an issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1268

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events