Why doesn't JSON Reporter output JSON?

David Stein August 31, 2017

I saw that when I configure XML, PDF, or HTML... things work as expected for enabling/disabling. When I configure JSON to be on, I saw no clover.json as I saw clover.xml and clover.pdf. 

So then I went to debug with a line like this:

java -Dclover.license.path=/Users/dstein/Desktop/clover.lic -cp "/Users/dstein/.m2/repository/com/atlassian/clover/clover/4.1.2/*" com.atlassian.clover.reporters.json.JSONReporter -i target/clover/clover.db -o clover_json -d

There were zero errors. It did create a folder and then put a lot of JS files in. They all looked like JSONP, where they expect processClover to be some method that is passing in all the JSON.

So is JSON actually meant to be put into a page? Am I missing something here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

I don't fully understand what you're asking about.

JSON report is genearted mostly for integration between different applications purposes. I'm not sure what do you mean by put into a page.

The full specification is available here

David Stein September 5, 2017

Hey Grzegorz, thanks for this reply. Never ran into that documentation while looking around. You did answer my question about being put into a page though. This option should be called JSONP moreso than JSON. The documentation shows it's intended to be be put into an HTML page, with a callback defined, to get the results.

Therefore if I want to run a script against results, I need to use the XML output even though it's more desirable to just parse JSON.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events