Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using clover with OSGi on WebSphere

Deleted user September 4, 2012

I am trying to generate an instrumented driver for our product that is embedded in WebSphere Application Server. I have been able to get it working for "regular" code, but now I have a problem with our OSGi bundles. The OSGi activators can not be loaded because they are referring to the Clover CoverageRecorder class, which is not in the classpath. We have put the clover jar (and license file) in the WebSphere App Server's lib/ext directory, which was good enough for all other code, but it's evidently not good enough for our code in OSGi bundles.

The only way we've been able to find around this is to directly include the clover JAR and license file in every one of our OSGi bundles. That is obviously not a long-term solution. Is there something we can to do get the clover JAR added to the base OSGi bundle classpath?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

Please try to add the following argument to JVM args for WebSphere:

-Xbootclasspath/a:/your/path/to/clover-xxx.jar

Depending on which tool you're using for instrumentation, this JAR can be found in:

• Clover-for-Eclipse - <eclipse_dir>\plugins\com.cenqua.clover.runtime_3.X.X.vYYYYMMDD000000\clover-runtime.jar
  • Clover-for-IDEA - <idea_config_dir>\config\plugins\clover-idea.jar
  • Clover-for-Ant - <clover_ant>\lib\clover.jar

Regards
Marek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events