Using clover to generate code coverage on projects with multiple languages

Aaron Armistead October 5, 2012

I have some projects that are in java and groovy (and some with scala as well). I would like to use clover to generate metrics on all of the source code using all of the test code. Some general information...

Source code is in src/main/java, src/main/groovy
Test code is in src/test/java, src/test/groovy
Using Maven 3 to build, with groovy-eclipse-compiler for compiling groovy sources.

Further information can be provided if required. I'm wondering that if, with this setup, clover will automatically generate metrics on all of the code in the projects, or just the groovy code (it seems to be only groovy).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2012

When you generate HTML report do you see both Java and Groovy sources listed? If not, then it must be sth wrong in your pom.xml setup. Report and metrics are calculated on all of the code which was instrumented.

Please have a look at: Compiling+Groovy+with+Groovy+Eclipse+Plugin

Regards
Marek

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2012

BTW: Clover does not support Scala currently.

Aaron Armistead October 8, 2012

Thanks for the response. I think my issue might be stemming from the use of the maven-build-helper plugin. Does defining test sources using that plugin cause the same issue as defining them under <sourceDirectory>?

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2012

I guess that you're asking about CLOV-1144 bug mentioned on the manual page? Yes, if you define <testSourceDirectory> for maven-compiler containing Groovy files, you'll end up with the same error as for "main" sources. You have to use either maven-build-helper or groovy-eclipse-compiler with extensions=true.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events