Upgrade to 3.1.10.v20130108000000 (build-885) breaks IntelliJ Idea plug-in

Oleg Zenzin January 13, 2013

After most recent update (prompted with pop-up window) of Clover plugin in my IntelliJ Idea (ver 11.1.5) it become unavailable for use in any of my projects. It should ask me whether I want to make upgrade and post clear and noticeable message that this update will disable Clover plugin when license date is earlier than the build date or should not allow upgrade at all. I cannot be forced to buy a new upgrade if I am satisfied with existing version of Clover plugin.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Our software licenses entitle you to perpetual use, and include 12 months maintenance (updates/support) commencing from the date of purchase. It means that you cannot use Clover version which release date is later than the end of maintenance date for your license.

Indeed, a Clover upgrade dialog box in IntelliJ IDEA checks only if new version is available and it does not perform validation whether this new version still fits into your maintenance period.

I will add proper warning for this - see CLOV-1208.

Cheers
Marek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events