Unable to generate the coverage report(No license file found)

Venkataramana Reddy July 25, 2017

Hi,

After generating the new .db files i have used the below command to generate the HTML report for coverage.

java -cp clover.jar com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html

Then i'm getting the below error.

C:\Users\xxxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webappclover\target\clover>java -cp clover.jar com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html
Clover Version 4.0.6, built on September 18 2015 (build-964)
Loaded from: C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webappclover\target\clover\clover.jar
ERROR: No license file found.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid or missing License.. Please visit http://my.atlassian.com to obtain a valid license.
at com.atlassian.clover.CloverStartup.loadLicense(CloverStartup.java:59)
at com.atlassian.clover.CloverStartup.loadLicense(CloverStartup.java:26)
at com.atlassian.clover.reporters.CloverReporter.loadLicense(CloverReporter.java:21)
at com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter.main(HtmlReporter.java:432)

currently i'm using clover 4.0.6 version for maven.

For reference i am adding the steps, what i have followed for generating the .db files

1) I have added the clover plugin 4.0.6 to maven and compiled my application using the "mvn clover2:instrument" to generate the instrument code.

2)Added the clover-4.0.6.jar in tomcat classpath.

2) Also added the clover.db files location in catalina.bat like this

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Dclover.initstring.basedir=C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webapplication\target\clover" 

3) And deployed the instrument code(war) in tomat server and ran the application and tested it.

4) new .db files got generated.

then i have tried to generate a report from them and i got that No license file found Error.

Clover_1.JPGclover_2.JPG

can you please guide me how to add that clover license information to Maven and generate the reports from .dm files.

Thanks,

Venkat

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2017

Please note that you are using Clover version 4.0.6, which is a commercial version of Clover built in 2015. As such it requires a license key. In case you have purchased Clover, visit my.atlassian.com to download your license key. Next you can pass a path the license key using a <licenseLocation> configuration option. 

In case your intention was to use an open-sourced version of Clover, as it was announced in this blog post, you have to checkout the source repository and compile binaries from sources, as described in the developer guide.

You may also be interested in using open-sourced Clover versions developed by the community, see the "Forks" dialog in the Bitbucket repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events