Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate clover coverage report

Venkataramana Reddy July 25, 2017

Hi,

After generating the new .db files i have used the below command to generate the HTML report for coverage.
java -cp clover.jar com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html
Then i'm getting the below error.
C:\Users\xxxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webappclover\target\clover>java -cp clover.jar com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html
Clover Version 4.0.6, built on September 18 2015 (build-964)
Loaded from: C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webappclover\target\clover\clover.jar
ERROR: No license file found.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid or missing License.. Please visit http://my.atlassian.com to obtain a valid license.
at com.atlassian.clover.CloverStartup.loadLicense(CloverStartup.java:59)
at com.atlassian.clover.CloverStartup.loadLicense(CloverStartup.java:26)
at com.atlassian.clover.reporters.CloverReporter.loadLicense(CloverReporter.java:21)
at com.atlassian.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter.main(HtmlReporter.java:432)
currently i'm using clover 4.0.6 version for maven.
For reference i am adding the steps, what i have followed for generating the .db files
1) I have added the clover plugin 4.0.6 to maven and compiled my application using the "mvn clover2:instrument" to generate the instrument code.
2)Added the clover-4.0.6.jar in tomcat classpath.
2) Also added the clover.db files location in catalina.bat like this
set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Dclover.initstring.basedir=C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace\codeCoverage\webapplication\target\clover"
3) And deployed the instrument code(war) in tomat server and ran the application and tested it.
4) new .db files got generated.
then i have tried to generate a report from them and i got that No license file found Error.

can you please guide me how to add that clover license information to Maven and generate the reports from .dm files.

Thanks,

Venkat

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events