Two annotations on a single line

Kevin Newsom November 10, 2015

Clover is having problems with lines of code that look like this:

@RequestBody(required = false) byte @Nullable [] body) {

It is reporting an unexpected token on the second '@' (@Nullable)

6 answers

0 votes
Kevin Newsom November 17, 2015
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2015

I created public issue to track that, you can watch it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOV-1839

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2015

Which modules of Spring you're using, is there any compilation annotation processor which makes those annotation compilable?

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2015

I understand it's Clover bug, but I'd like to gather the most information in order to reproduce it and fix the bug. But honestly speaking I was trying to reproduce this issue locally and I wasn't able to create Java compilable code, that's why I've asked for the whole method declaration. Which version of Java along with the update number are you using?

0 votes
Kevin Newsom November 12, 2015

This particular fragment is parameter for a Spring controller. The method is rather long, with many annotated parameters. I can work on creating a simpler reproduction. This was just one thing (out of several) that I noticed when running clover through mvn.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2015

Similar issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOV-1834, although it looks rather to be an issue of parsing type annotations introduced in Java8. 

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2015

thanks for the report, could you provide, whole method declaration along with Java and Clover versions you're using ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events