Transform error during compilation of grails controller

Anup April 15, 2019

I am using grails 2.5.5 with Java 8.

I am using the open clover plugin v4.3.1 and when I run

grailsw test-app :unit -clover.on -clover.view

I get this compilation error. There is no information on line number or method. I don't know how to even attempt to fix this. It works if i exclude this file but this controller has a lot of meat to be left uncovered. I think the function name mentioned is a closure but how to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

A transform used a generics containing ClassNode java.util.List <E e
xtends java.lang.Object> for the method public static java.util.List $CLV_safeEval_java_util_List$(java.util.List expr, java.lang.Integer index) { ... } directly. You are not supposed t
o do this. Please create a new ClassNode referring to the old ClassNode and use the new ClassNode instead of the old one. Otherwise the compiler will create wrong descriptors and a poten
tial NullPointerException in TypeResolver in the OpenJDK. If this is not your own doing, please report this bug to the writer of the transform.

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Please raise a bug on https://bitbucket.org/openclover/clover/issues and provide a test case. This seems to be a problem with Clover's extension for Groovy compiler.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events