Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting clover distributed tests binds only to 127.0.0.1 and tests never start

kvallish June 22, 2018

Am trying to start clover distributed tests. When I run the command "mvn clean clover:setup -Dtest=TestClassName test -Dclover.distributed.coverage=numClients=1 -Dclover.distributed.coverage=host=<my actual ip address> -Dclover.server=true -Dclover.initstring=/functional_regression/target/clover/clover.db" the test does not wait for the clients to connect and just continues.

Instead when I use "mvn clean clover:setup -Dtest=TestClassName test -Dclover.distributed.coverage=numClients=1 -Dclover.server=true -Dclover.initstring=/functional_regression/target/clover/clover.db", the test waits for client to connect, but at this point the clover server is bound to 127.0.0.1 due to which the remote client cannot connect to the server and hence the tests never start.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

2 answers

0 votes
kvallish October 29, 2019

Was able to solve this my adding the ip in the pom's plugin configuration instead of giving it in the command line. This way, the process binds to the right IP as well as waits for clients to connect. Sample configuration that I used

<plugin>
<groupId>org.openclover</groupId>
<artifactId>clover-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>4.4.0</version>
<configuration>
<distributedCoverage>
<host>1.2.3.4</host>
<port>1198</port>
<numClients>1</numClients>
<timeout>10000</timeout>
</distributedCoverage>
</configuration>
</plugin>
0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2018

When you provide clover.distributed.coverage system properties twice, you simply override values. 

If you want to config multiple properties for distributed coverage you shall use as a separator. 

Please take a look at the code

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events