Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SonarQube option to JaCoCo on code coverage reports publishment

Lucas Germani August 8, 2017

Hello, 

My company is seeking a code quality tool for a new project and as result of an research we found SonarQube a good option.

But after some tests we faced a problem that is hard to solve.

Our project already have a big number of unit tests using Mockito + Powermock, but aparentely JaCoCo way of instrument code coverage is not compatible with those API's combination. JaCoCo doesn't consider line coverage when a test is written using powermock.

Searching for an option to JaCoCo we found Clover, a great API that fulfilled our needs. (After clover became open-source we migrated to openclover.org API)

But we also have a need to centralize all code quality measures in one tool such as SonarQube.

Im currently looking for a way to publish these test result inside SonarQube.

But as indicated in this link (https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONARQUBE45/Clover+Plugin) the plugin was descontinued in an old version.

Is there a way to publish Clover/OpenClover reports inside SonarQube?

Any story on Sonar roadmap to seek for an option to JaCoCo?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Report format hasn't changed for OpenClover, thus I believe Sonar plugin which works fine with Atlassian Clover should work as well with OpenClover. 

Lucas Germani August 10, 2017

But its possible to install Clover Sonar Plugin in latest SonarQube version?

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

TBH I understood you're asking about report compliance between Atlassian Clover and OpenClover. 

I don't know how up to date Clover Sonar plugin is. This plugin was never oficially supported by Atlassian. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events