• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Showing coverage in pipelines for python project

Hi,
I'm using coverage.py to test the coverage of my project. As I understand it by using the --xml flag for coverage.py I get an xml format called cobertura which bitbucket pipelines can't use to display test coverage. I then found the this tool that converts cobertura to clover formated xml.

After the transformation my xml file has this format:

<coverage generated="1532606642579">

<project timestamp="1532606642579">

<file name="file_name.py"><line type....></file>

<metrics ncols="2254" coveredelements="1786" elements="2254"/>
     </project>

</coverage>

Still all I see in the tear down part of the step is

Cache "pip": Skipping upload for existing cache
Searching for test report files in directories named [test-results, failsafe-reports, test-reports, surefire-reports] down to a depth of 4
Found matching test report file /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/test-results/coverage.xml
Finished scanning for test reports. Found 1 test report files.
Merged test suites, total number tests is 0, with 0 failures and 0 errors

The generation of coverage and the conversion of the xml file is done in the same step as the tests are run by the following commands

coverage xml --fail-under=70 -o ./test-results/coverage.xml
cobertura-clover-transform test-results/coverage.xml -o test-results/coverage.xml

Can anyone see any reason for why this shouldn't make pipelines show me test coverage?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Jesper,

Code coverage is not a part of the Test Reporting feature. The test reporting view only shows the logs of Failed tests, read from the xUnit/JUnit test reporting standard. There is currently no support for any code coverage tools.

We have a feature request for Code Coverage support (such as Cobertura) that you can follow: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/15935/add-support-for-code-coverage-tools-like

Thanks,

Phil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud Performance Improvements

Hello everyone, I am a product manager in the Jira Cloud team focused on making sure our customers have a delightful experience using our products. Towards that goal, one of the areas which is extr...

165 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you