Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording files are not generated in the directory where db file is present

Rupesh Rajkumar Bharuka January 21, 2019

Hi All,

I have multi-module maven project. So, I have done all the clover configuration in parent module pom.xml file so that the configuration will be inherited in all the sub modules.

I have generated the cloverized build using the following command,

mvn clover2:setup install clover2:aggregate clover2:clover -Dmaven.clover.licenseLocation=<clover.license_file_path> -P All -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true -Dmaven.repo.local=<m2_repo_path>

Now, it has generated the "cloverMerge.db" file in the target directory of parent module. While doing the configuration, I have specified path of "cloverMerge.db" file in java arguments in eclipse.

When I start my server it is not creating the recording files at the location where my cloverMerge.db file is present.

What should I do? Am I missing anything in the configuration?

I have referred the below link for the configuration,

https://dzone.com/articles/use-clover-generate-code-0

Any help is really appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

First, please don't use 'clover2:setup' but 'clover:setup' (unless you deliberately want to run old version of Clover).

Second, a merged database cannot be used for code coverage recording. It can be used for reporting purposes only. It means that you have the following options:

• use multiple clover.db files (each for one module, which is a default Clover behaviour, as far as I remember)
  • use a single, but not merged clover.db file - you can do this by specifying an absolute path in <cloverDatabase> in your root pom.xml - this way all Maven modules being compiled will append their data to this file

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events