Problems with 'clovered jar' inside of an application

dieterd November 24, 2014

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Clover and unfortunately I'm facing a problem.

Our system is built out of 5 projects:

• core
  • serverA
  • serverB
  • serverC
  • serverD

All 4 servers use the common code from 'core'

I was able to produce 5 individual clover reports by running the unit tests in those projects and I was also able to merge them together.

Now, what we want to achieve is the following: run all 4 servers, do a manual test of the system and collect the clover report. (Does not necessarily have to be written to the merged unit-test-clover-db). I instrumented the core code; put the resulting jar inside the other projects; instrumented the 4 server parts as well.

Currently i'm using the clover command line tool CloverInstr with options  "-p interval -f 1000 -v --singleCloverDatabase true" to create the instrumented code.

This works fine,clover automatically chooses a db location and all 4 server process write to this db. The one thing that is not working is, that the instrumented 'core' library does not seem to write to to this db.

Any hints? Does my usage of 'singleCloverDatabase' and the general setup sound reasonable?

Might it be problem that i have the clover.jar two times in each server's classpath?

Thank you,

Dieter

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dieterd November 24, 2014

Aaargh, my fault. The core classes in the servers were not the instrumented ones.

Everything is fine now, clover working great

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events