Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up a Bamboo plan to build, run tests in parallel, then run a Clover report after all tests

Josh McDade December 6, 2012

I'm having trouble configuring Bamboo and Clover to run the plan I described in the summary. I tried creating 3 stages (Build, Test, Report).

* The Build stage has 1 job with many tasks to build and instrument the code with Clover.

* The Test stage has multiple jobs to run different types of tests (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests).

* The Report stage will run clover reporting Ant tasks from the Test stage. The problem is that failed tests will stop this stage from running. I want reporting to run even on failure, and I want reports to run after all tests are done so 1 report combines coverage data from all tests.

aside: do I need to pass any artifacts from the test jobs to the report job or can I just read from the clover.db located on a shared drive that the tests are writing to?

1 answer

1 vote
Jan Swaelens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

You should be able to find some answers here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43099/using-clover-together-with-bamboo-stages

If I recall correctly there is no need to pass additional artefacts to the report task.

Josh McDade December 30, 2012

The issue was that I want to run different tests in parallel, which seems to only be possible with a Stage with multiple jobs (each job runs a different test task). I wanted a clover report even if one of the jobs fails. It looks like the only way to do this is to quarantine failing tests, which is a workaround I was hoping to avoid.

(apologies for the late response, I got pulled off of this effort and just got the time to revisit it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events