Less clover coverage percenatge after merging clover DBs

Ritesh Keshri November 20, 2013

I have three sub-modules and I'm generating clover coverage report for each one. The code coverage percentage for three sub-modules are 62%, 32% and 0.2%. But, when I merge all three DBs and generate a consolidated report the coverage comes down to 16%. Could someone explain why it comes down that much. If I take average of all coverages, it is around around 30%. Intersetingly, when I check individual class of a sub-module, percenatge matches with consolidated report.

7 answers

0 votes
Shahid Shaik August 19, 2015

hello ,

even i'm facing the same issue  after merging clover db - the code coverage percentage has reduce. any updates on this issue.

thanks , sahid

0 votes
Ritesh Keshri November 24, 2013

Hello Marek,Thanks for your response. Due to size constraing I'm not able to upload mentioned files. I have raised a tickcet(CLV-6036) and attached screenshots of report for reference.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2013

Please create a zip with these three databases and with coverage files as well as with the merged database and raise a ticket at http://support.atlassian.com. I'll be happy to investigate the difference. It would be great if you could also attach build.xml/pom.xml with Clover configuration you have.

0 votes
Ritesh Keshri November 21, 2013

I applied the suggested formulae with all three reports and the end result of the average is 21% but the mergered report havs coverage of 16%. Also, the result of (X1 + X2 + X3)/(Y1 + Y2 + Y3) is 85751/401396 but when I see X/Y element of consolidated report it's 94,958/585,491. Could you please help.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2013

Hi Ritesh, please note that simple artithmetic average of 62, 32 and 0.2 does not take into account actual size (in terms of number of code elements instrumented) of these three databases.

Please open an HTML report generated from every database separately. On the dashboard these's a box with a text like "<label class="titleText link">Coverage</label> N classes, X / Y elements". Calculate the average as:

coverage [%] = (X1 + X2 + X3) / (Y1 + Y2 + Y3) * 100%

(where Xn / Yn are values from each report)

Is the final result around 30% (i.e. as for a database merged by <clover-merge>)?

0 votes
Ritesh Keshri November 21, 2013

We calculated the average by taking the average of 62,32 and 0.2. Apart from this in the merged report the NLOC seems to be higher than the one which we sum with the individual reports. So wanted to know how does it work with the clover merge

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2013

If I take average of all coverages, it is around around 30%.

How did you calculate the average?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events