Is there a file size limit of the clover db at 2GB?

Ronald Brindl July 4, 2011

We have 3 clover dbs, one for clienttests, integrationtests and unittests.

For calculating the total coverage, we merge those databases into a new clover db:
As you can see, this works as expected (and as it always did for over 18 months now)

[clover-merge] Clover Version 3.0.3, built on October 26 2010 (build-dev) 
[clover-merge] Loaded from: C:\devtools\clover-ant-3.0.2-patch101026\lib\clover.jar
[clover-merge] Clover: Commercial License registered to ...
[clover-merge] Merging database 1 of 3: d:\coverage\java\all\coverage/clienttests\coverage.db
[clover-merge] Merging database 2 of 3: d:\coverage\java\all\coverage/integrationtests\coverage.db
[clover-merge] Merging database 3 of 3: d:\coverage\java\all\coverage/junit\coverage.db
[clover-merge] Writing merged database registry [clover-merge] Merge complete

Since last weekend i get the following problem when trying to generate reports from the merged coveragedb file:

[clover-report] Clover Version 3.0.3, built on October 26 2010 (build-dev) 
[clover-report] Loaded from: C:\devtools\clover-ant-3.0.2-patch101026\lib\clover.jar
[clover-report] Clover: Commercial License registered to ...
[clover-report] Loading coverage database from: 'd:\coverage\java\all\clover\cloverDB\coverage.db'
[clover-report] Report generation failed: Clover encountered a problem reading the instrumentation registry "d:\coverage\java\all\clover\cloverDB\coverage.db". This database may have been corrupted. Please regenerate.

I checked the file and noticed, that its size is (according to windows explorer): 2,08 GB (2.244.583.202 bytes), which is just over 2GB.
I do not know the sizes of the previous weekends run, since we do not keep the coverage dbs,
but since nothing else changed in the procedure, i assume that 2GB is the problem here.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2011

Looks like you are using HSQLDB. There is no self imposed size limit for it.

This seems to me like a case of DB corruption. Maybe someone closed the connection abruptly or something! Are you able to connect directly to the DB ?

Ronald Brindl July 4, 2011

What do you mean by "HSQLDB" and "connect directly to the DB"? I was thinking clover uses its own proprietary database format to write its cloverdb files.

And if i am wrong, how could i change the database it is using?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2011

Looks like you are right. Found this about clover db. You can get information about the DB using clover2:log it seems.

However the error seems much similar to HSQLDB error I have seen in the past and must be a case of corruption.

Ronald Brindl July 7, 2011

Issue https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CLV-5677 has been opened to handle that problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events