How to generate db information for an instrumented jar inside another instrumented java project?

Somesh Kumar June 4, 2013

I am facing a peculiar issue. I have two projects say 'A' and 'B' and I build the jar for B and use it in A. I have been able to succesfuly build project 'A' using clover and generate reports for my test coverage. Issue is that clover considers all packages inside project A only totally ignoring my instrumented jar for project B. I want to configure clover in a way that it generates a consolidated db for both and thus I can see how much of project B am I testing, since A uses a lot of code from B.

Is it even possible to do what I am trying? I also checked whether my jar had instrumented class files and yes it did have them...

Any pointers....???

-Somesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

Yes, you can instrument multiple projects, also in different builds and run the code from these projects together. In order to have code coverage for classes from module B you have to instrument module 'B' and next use the instrumented JAR in module A.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013
Somesh Kumar June 5, 2013

Thanks Marek, it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events