How to generate db information for an instrumented jar inside another instrumented java project?

I am facing a peculiar issue. I have two projects say 'A' and 'B' and I build the jar for B and use it in A. I have been able to succesfuly build project 'A' using clover and generate reports for my test coverage. Issue is that clover considers all packages inside project A only totally ignoring my instrumented jar for project B. I want to configure clover in a way that it generates a consolidated db for both and thus I can see how much of project B am I testing, since A uses a lot of code from B.

Is it even possible to do what I am trying? I also checked whether my jar had instrumented class files and yes it did have them...

Any pointers....???

-Somesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Yes, you can instrument multiple projects, also in different builds and run the code from these projects together. In order to have code coverage for classes from module B you have to instrument module 'B' and next use the instrumented JAR in module A.

Thanks Marek, it worked.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

66 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot