Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change artifactID

anushka vaze December 18, 2011

I have run mvn clover2:instrument command on my project . I creates caplan snpashot 9.10 -clover.jar and war.

snpashot 9.10 is the name added by my pom. -clover gets added when we run above trget.

How can i get the same version of artifact i.e. snpashot 9.10 when I run above command. I do not need -clover which is getting appeneded after this when I run cl;over2:instrument

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012

If you use the clover2:instrument goal, then Clover forks a custom lifecycle in order to instrument files (it was designed in such way for safety reasons so that developer won't deploy or publish instrumented code by accident). That's why an instrumented JAR file has a "-clover" suffix.

There is a second goal available - clover2:setup which works similarly to clover2:instrument, but it does not fork a custom lifecycle and puts instrumented sources into ${build.directory}/clover/src-optimized and test-src-optimized directories. These directories are later set as the project's source and test source directories used for subsequent maven phases.

Using clover2:setup you will get a JAR file without -clover suffix, but please keep in mind that clover2:setup shall not be used during a release build - unless you want to give customer a "cloverized" code :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events