Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate clover current db file and history files , and get the coverage result together?

Dulsara Manupriyal October 26, 2016

In my case, I have to get code coverage  in server.For that I use clover. I have executed  test cases for some scenarios  through client side manually (That means logging to the web application and manually test some scenarios ). Then I want to get result as what is the test coverage during testing. While I test, there may be situation like application build again. That means I lost my coverage data file. After testing finish, then it shows only coverage which is covered after new app build. Clover provides history point option which save .xml.gz file on the history directory. I want to know How I integrate this history file and currently updated clove.db file and  create a report which cover all of my testing ? ( Before start build i can executed ant target for save history point and save the current coverage result)

2 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2016

Then I want to get result as what is the test coverage during testing. While I test, there may be situation like application build again. That means I lost my coverage data file.

Could you please clarify what would you like to achieve exactly?

Please note that if application has been rebuilt, then your all previous manual tests are no longer valid as you never know how source code changed. So for this reason I don't see a value of keeping outdated coverage data as well. 

Unless you have different intent? 

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2016

Hi, you can't simply merge current clover.db and coverage files with Clover history point. However you can generate Clover reports (current and historic one) linked together.

Please take a look at current and historical elements of the clover-report documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/clover-report#clover-report-<current>

Regards,

Grzegorz Lewandowski

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events