How do I integrate clover current db file and history files , and get the coverage result together?

In my case, I have to get code coverage  in server.For that I use clover. I have executed  test cases for some scenarios  through client side manually (That means logging to the web application and manually test some scenarios ). Then I want to get result as what is the test coverage during testing. While I test, there may be situation like application build again. That means I lost my coverage data file. After testing finish, then it shows only coverage which is covered after new app build. Clover provides history point option which save .xml.gz file on the history directory. I want to know How I integrate this history file and currently updated clove.db file and  create a report which cover all of my testing ? ( Before start build i can executed ant target for save history point and save the current coverage result)

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, you can't simply merge current clover.db and coverage files with Clover history point. However you can generate Clover reports (current and historic one) linked together.

Please take a look at current and historical elements of the clover-report documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/clover-report#clover-report-<current>

Regards,

Grzegorz Lewandowski

This widget could not be displayed.

Then I want to get result as what is the test coverage during testing. While I test, there may be situation like application build again. That means I lost my coverage data file.

Could you please clarify what would you like to achieve exactly?

Please note that if application has been rebuilt, then your all previous manual tests are no longer valid as you never know how source code changed. So for this reason I don't see a value of keeping outdated coverage data as well. 

Unless you have different intent? 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

121 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you