Getting various compile errors when I use clover during build

Jay Kirby August 25, 2017

I have a gradle java project that builds fine without clover, but when I add the appropriate build steps for gradle I get compile time errors like:

[javac] /var/folders/jw/cml8j6ps1cs6bxpvnk4xn2vm7jkkd2/T/clover7201873317523399874.tmp/com/yaddayadda/common/jdbc/ImpalaJdbcProperties.java:13: error: package lombok does not exist
[javac] import lombok.Getter;

There are other imports that a failing also

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Do you use Lombok project ? I'd say that you didn't setup Lombok and Clover right. 

Both projects change your code base which means you need to set them up in a proper order to make both of them working at the same time. 

Just check if Clover instrumented code has Lombok generated code. I suppose it doesn't therefore you're getting the compilation errors. 

Jay Kirby August 28, 2017

I'm pretty sure it's setup correctly in the root gradle project since most of the subprojects build correctly.  I have one subproject that fails though where clover instrumented code can't seem to find dependencies during compile. Lombok is just one of the dependencies it can't find, but, it also can't find other references:

/var/folders/jw/cml8j6ps1cs6bxpvnk4xn2vm7jkkd2/T/clover256160776783611236.tmp/com/yadda/yadda/common/spark/AbstractSparkJob.java:40: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] protected SparkConf sparkConfiguration;
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: class SparkConf
[javac] location: class AbstractSparkJob

Jay Kirby August 28, 2017

I think this is the underlying issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOV-1937

Seem the dependencies with issues are compileOnly and thus don't seem to work with clover.

Jay Kirby August 30, 2017

I believe this is actually a problem with the gradle plugin, so I opened a defect there - https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-clover-plugin/issues/99#issuecomment-325483849

thanks...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events