Getting the warning - No coverage recordings found. No report will be generated.

Ramesh July 22, 2012

I have integrated the maven clover plugin to my maven multi module project and able to get the reports successfully at maven build time. Now I am trying to integrate this clover in JBoss (our UNIX QA server) at run time. So that when QA team runs the automation against the QA server, it will give the real functional code coverage. For this I followed the necessary steps.

1. Took the clover.db from my local and uploaded the same to UNIX QA server

and pointed this location to JBoss using -D

2. Copied the clover.jar and clover.license in jBoss class path

3. Also verified the instrumented source code jar file is in JBoss classpath

4. Restarted the server

Ran few tests and I see clover.db files are generating in the location I have mentioned for " -Dclover.initstring.basedir" , but when I try to run using com.cenqua.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter, I am always getting the warning as "No coverage recordings found. No report will be generated"

But if I try to same in my local in my JBoss, it is working fine.

Can some one help me to resolve this issue? Can't I copy the db file from my local (Mac) to Unix? is this due to permissions?

2 answers

0 votes
ramesh butta December 23, 2012

Hi Team,

referring to your point 'Also verified the instrumented source code jar file is in JBoss classpath'.does this precisely mean deploying the instrumented 'application.ear' in place of the previous 'application.ear' file right.As the instrumented 'application.ear' would be having extra files once the source code is clovered.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2012

1) "Ran few tests and I see clover.db files are generating" - I assume that you're talking about Clover coverage snapshots (name like clover.dbHHHHHHH_TTTTTTTTTT), right?

2) Could you paste fragments of your build file, where clover-setup, clover-instr, clover-report tasks are used?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events